Monday, May 31, 2010

Leveling up

I have been playing World of Warcraft ever since the release in europe.
As such I have quite a few level 80s at this point. (Shaman, Warrior, Death Knight, Warlock, Rogue) My next level 80 will be my hunter, almost 74 now.

I want to make it clear, that I really really dislike leveling, in vanilla I mostly grinded, in TBC I quested and in WOTLK I have done it by questing(warrior), some grinding(shaman), pvping(death knight) and now I am instance-leveling. On my hunter I do one dungeon per day, that gives me experience and emblems for when I finaly reach 80, allowing me to stay rested the entire time.

All of the above have one thing in comon: they are all a grind.
Yes, questing is different than just killing the same mob over and over, but after the first time(if not already during the first time) it is just grinding in a more efficient manner. I could not care less about the lore, I dont need the money from the quests, why am I forced to do them again? Okey, yes I am not forced, but I hate leveling and I want to do it as quickly as possible so I am out of options.

My solution to this would be that once you reach 80 the experience needed for the next character would be significantly nerfed. Outlands with heirlooms is the leveling pace that I would say is reasonable (and yes it was nerfed).

As far as I can tell there is no downside to this proposal. For those that like the quests there is always a option to
a) stop the experience gain(yes you can actaully do that now)
b) do the quests at 80 where you also gain more money from them.
I also dont see how too many 80s could cause any problems.

-Nerf leveling once one character has reached maximum level, kthnxbye.

And thats my 0.02€.
-Nairi

1 comment:

  1. I'll keep it short this time :P

    IMHO leveling has already been nerfed very badly. I'm actually on the opposing team here asking for them to make it harder again. What with 20% XP from Heirloom gear, Content XP nerfs in outland, (and for a few people 300% xp from RAF to L60) it only takes a few days now to level up or a week or so for non RAF players.
    You spend more time Heroic grinding for emblems than you do leveling up.

    ReplyDelete