Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mass effect 2

Yes, I am more than a few months behind,
but I recently played through mass effect 2.

And let me tell you, it is awesome!
I honestly dont know where to begin, but lets start with the story.
Aliens are coming to kill kill all, you must stop them, gather a team,
blabla, not that unique, but what makes the story great is all the ingame
cutscenes, which really makes the story come alive, its like watching a movie!

This is still a game though, but not to worry, the combat system is great too.
You pick one of 6 classes, from relying on "spells" to almost pure gun fighting. You also control a squad, you have a basic move command, and you can use the skills of your teammates. The squad mechanic is really easy to use,
but still very effective.

For me, however, the greatest selling point was that the choices you make actually makes a difference. Choosing if you are going to be "good" or "evil". At the end of the game, your choices will determinate who lives and who dies.
Considering that the choices you now make, will also have an impact on your game in mass effect 3 makes it sooo much better.

I have always loved online games, and hated single player ones. But this one is really so good that I highly recommend you play it.

and thats my 0.02 € today.

(amazon link for the lazy: Mass Effect 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment